Connect with us


John Heathco & Abby Lutz Newport Beach Death – Couple Found Dead At Luxury Hotel In Mexico Cause of Death Believed To Be Carbon Monoxide Poisoning



Tragedy struck earlier this week in Mexico after a couple from Newport Beach were found dead in their luxury hotel room in Baja California. Reports say their death was a result of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.

The couple identified by authorities as Abby Lutz, 28, and John Heathco, 41, both of Newport Beach had no injuries whatsoever on their bodies. They were said to have lodged in a room at the Hotel Rancho Pescadero in Baja California Sur and were later found motionless.

A police report released by Baja California Sur Attorney General’s Office their cause of death was “intoxication by a substance to be determined.

Abby’s family in a statement released said their daughter had an adventurous spirit and was a kind-hearted woman who loved touring and visiting new places.

Excerpts of the statement read below:-

“Abby had an adventurous spirit and a wonderfully kind heart. She loved to travel, see new places, and share her zeal for life with those around her. We ask for your thoughts and prayers for our family during this very difficult time.”

There was no written biography about Heathco on Wikipedia but his LinkedIn pages say he is the founder of Newport Beach-based LES Labs, a nutritional supplement manufacturer.

According to Abby’s Facebook page, she worked as a nanny and resided in Ladera Ranch in Newport Beach.

Lutz’s stepsister, Gabrielle Slate through a GoFundMe page created for Lutz revealed that “Abby and her boyfriend thought they had food poisoning and went to the hospital to get treatment. Gabrielle said they were informed that they were getting better but later on received a phone call saying that they were found dead in their hotel room.

The post on the GoFundMe page reads below:-

“We were told they were feeling much better a few days later. We received a phone call saying that they had passed away peacefully in their hotel room in their sleep. We have been told it was due to improper venting of the resort and could be carbon monoxide poisoning. Abby was supposed to meet up with her dad this week for Father’s Day and all of this is completely unexpected.’’


World News

Local News