Connect with us

World News

Flats in Shadwell London evacuated after an 11-year-old girl died from a poisonous chemical used for pest control

Published

on

An 11-year-old girl in London has been pronounced dead after she collapsed at a block of flats where she is living in Shadwell.

Authorities said three others were taken to the hospital after showing signs of difficulties in breathing at the same location.

They said the cause of the incident is believed to have come from chemicals, discovered by the fire brigade which was used for pest control.

Other residents in the block were evacuated and are now being looked after by the local authority.

The Metropolitan Police said it was called just after 4 pm on Saturday by paramedics who had received reports that the girl was unresponsive at the flat in Sutton Street.

She was taken to hospital and died shortly after.

The force said the girl’s death is currently being treated as unexplained and a post-mortem examination will be carried out.

London Fire Brigade said it was called to the scene just after 7pm the same day to help police with their investigations.

It was then that the chemicals were discovered.

A spokesperson for the Met said: ‘A special post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course. At this time the death is being treated as unexplained.

‘A number of other people reported feeling unwell in the same building and received treatment. Three people, no further details, remain in hospital.

‘Other residents in the block were evacuated as a precaution and are being looked after by the local authority.

 

Advertisement

SPORTS

ENTERTAINMENT

HOT NOW!