Accidental ingestion of the button battery has happened again. This time it was in London where a one-year-old boy living in the suburbs of England, accidentally swallowed a button battery that had fallen on the floor at the end of last month and is still hospitalized.
The boy’s mother spoke in interviews such as “The Sun” and “The Mirror” about the symptoms and dangers of accidental ingestion.
Hollie Phillips (27), a mother of two children in Watford, a suburb of London, saw her son Ralphie pick up something that had fallen on the floor and put it in his mouth on the 25th of last month. rice field.
Holly was wondering, “Is it a serial or something?”, And a few minutes later Ralphy burst into tears and spit like a fountain.
Holly took her son to the hospital in a hurry, but Ralphy was returned home that night after a metal detector test showed no abnormalities.
But Ralphy didn’t stop crying, lethargic and drooling too much. His back was bent and his face turned grey with blood, which was clearly abnormal.
Thinking “this is strange,” Holly took her son back to the hospital, where an X-ray revealed a coin cell battery stuck in his chest. Ralphy was then taken by ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
In the early morning of the 26th, two surgeons took three hours to remove the coin cell battery from their throats.
Holly looks back on that time as follows.
“Ralphy was repeatedly unconscious and recovering in the ambulance. I was worried that this child would die in my arms.”
“Actually, 26th is Ralphy’s 1st birthday. I was planning a birthday party, but the funeral came across my head. If it was 15 minutes later, Ralphy wouldn’t be alive. I suppose.”
“Ralphy was born with a hole in his heart and had surgery after birth, but this time he had no idea what would happen and was scarier than the surgery at that time.”
Although the operation was successful, Ralphy is still in the hospital, and the button battery has damaged the trachea and oesophagus, and he is feeding by inserting a tube from the nostril to the stomach.
If a button battery is accidentally swallowed and stagnates in the oesophagus, it causes severe chemical burns in as little as 2 hours. do.
“I didn’t realize that the coin cell batteries were in the house,” Holly said, “don’t repeat the same thing.”
“Button batteries will be used in many toys, but the batteries are not screwed and the lid will open easily. The use of button batteries in toys should be banned. world.”
“I was lucky to see Ralphy say something. I just regret returning to the hospital sooner.”
“If your child cries, peels his eyes, changes skin colour and begins to vomit, suspect a coin cell battery accidental ingestion. The vomit was reddish-brown and smelled of strong acid.”
“And if you believe in your intuition and don’t agree with your doctor’s diagnosis, don’t withdraw. And be sure to listen to your second opinion!”
UCL: J Cole Reveals Chelsea’s Two Most Important Players
Ex Chelsea midfielder, J Cole has revealed Chelsea’s two most important players at the moment. Cole named goalkeeper, Edouard Mendy...
Brazil Legend, Ronaldo Declares His Candidate For Ballon d’Or, Excludes Messi
Ligue 1: Reason Why Ramos Will Not Make His Much-awaited Debut – PSG
What Mbappe’s Mother Said About His Contract Extension With PSG
Champions League: Messi Reveals What They Need To Do In PSG To Play Better
Worked So Hard, Didn’t See My Family For So Long – What Usyk Said After Defeating Anthony Joshua
EPL: Why I Left Chelsea & Joined Lyon – Emerson
I Love Amapiano But I Can’t Do It – Nasty C Finally Opens Up
A few days ago many South African Hip Hop artists publicly announced that they are dumping the music genre for...
See What DJ Tira Wants To Give To Anyone Who Correctly Predicts Winners Of Amapiano Awards
As all roads lead to one of the most talked-about South African music awards, “Amapiano Awards” talented disk jockey, DJ...
DJ Maphorisa Wants People To Declare Him The Landlord Of South African Music Industry
DJ Maphorisa is currently one of the top music producers in South African and he wants people and other celebrities...
You Be Will Replaced Soon – Somizi Tells Bongzie Amidst Rumours That They Are In A Relationship
South African media personality and actor, Somizi has finally reacted to the rumours peddling through social media that he has...
Gigi Lamayne Announces Her Departure From SA Hip Hop, Yet To Reveal The Next Genre She Taking Up
South African award-winning female rapper, Gigi Lamayne official made it open that she is leaving the hip hop genre for...
Am Catching Flights, You Catching Feelings – Mr JazziQ Says As He Celebrates 1M Instagram Followers
South African music producer, Mr JazziQ has officially upgraded his level in the photo-sharing website “Instagram” and has joined the...
13-Story Residential Buiding In Taiwan Comepletly Razed Down By Fire, 46 Reportedly Dead
Taiwan: No fewer than 46 people lost their lives after a fire incident in a residential building in Southern Taiwan...