Accidental ingestion of the button battery has happened again. This time it was in London where a one-year-old boy living in the suburbs of England, accidentally swallowed a button battery that had fallen on the floor at the end of last month and is still hospitalized.
The boy’s mother spoke in interviews such as “The Sun” and “The Mirror” about the symptoms and dangers of accidental ingestion.
Hollie Phillips (27), a mother of two children in Watford, a suburb of London, saw her son Ralphie pick up something that had fallen on the floor and put it in his mouth on the 25th of last month. rice field.
Holly was wondering, “Is it a serial or something?”, And a few minutes later Ralphy burst into tears and spit like a fountain.
Holly took her son to the hospital in a hurry, but Ralphy was returned home that night after a metal detector test showed no abnormalities.
But Ralphy didn’t stop crying, lethargic and drooling too much. His back was bent and his face turned grey with blood, which was clearly abnormal.
Thinking “this is strange,” Holly took her son back to the hospital, where an X-ray revealed a coin cell battery stuck in his chest. Ralphy was then taken by ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
In the early morning of the 26th, two surgeons took three hours to remove the coin cell battery from their throats.
Holly looks back on that time as follows.
“Ralphy was repeatedly unconscious and recovering in the ambulance. I was worried that this child would die in my arms.”
“Actually, 26th is Ralphy’s 1st birthday. I was planning a birthday party, but the funeral came across my head. If it was 15 minutes later, Ralphy wouldn’t be alive. I suppose.”
“Ralphy was born with a hole in his heart and had surgery after birth, but this time he had no idea what would happen and was scarier than the surgery at that time.”
Although the operation was successful, Ralphy is still in the hospital, and the button battery has damaged the trachea and oesophagus, and he is feeding by inserting a tube from the nostril to the stomach.
If a button battery is accidentally swallowed and stagnates in the oesophagus, it causes severe chemical burns in as little as 2 hours. do.
“I didn’t realize that the coin cell batteries were in the house,” Holly said, “don’t repeat the same thing.”
“Button batteries will be used in many toys, but the batteries are not screwed and the lid will open easily. The use of button batteries in toys should be banned. world.”
“I was lucky to see Ralphy say something. I just regret returning to the hospital sooner.”
“If your child cries, peels his eyes, changes skin colour and begins to vomit, suspect a coin cell battery accidental ingestion. The vomit was reddish-brown and smelled of strong acid.”
“And if you believe in your intuition and don’t agree with your doctor’s diagnosis, don’t withdraw. And be sure to listen to your second opinion!”
Something Happened & He Will Be Fined – Tuchel, Chelsea’s Head Coach, Speaks About Lukaku
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has stated that striker Romelu Lukaku will have to accept the disciplinary penalty taken against him...
EPL: Every Premier League Game Is Difficult – Lukaku
LaLiga: Xavi Reveals The Club Barcelona Should Look Up To
EPL: What My Staff Told Me About Salah’s 2nd Goal – Tottenham Boss, Conte
Mohamed Salah Will Break Every Record, He Is The Best Player In The World Right Now – Alexander-Arnold
Tuchel Says Mason Mount Plays In An Offensive Position & The Team Relies On Him
See Cristiano Ronaldo Preferred Coach For Man United Job
Fans Shocked As Makhadzi Reveals The Number Of Awards She Has Received Since She Started Doing Music
Makhadzi is ecstatic and grateful after learning that she has won nearly 20 prizes since she began performing music. The...
What happened to Jenna Jameson: Model and former porn star can no longer walk
Jenna Jameson, a model and former porn actress, is unable to walk after being diagnosed with an auto-immune illness. Lior...
Master KG Updates His Fans, Says He Will Release Songs Like Never Before In 2022
Award-winning South African music producer, Master KG has given an update to his fans about what he plans to give...
Art of 65 Roses! Nompilo Dlamini Gets New Tattoo While In India For Treatment
Nompilo Dlamini, who has been to India for treatment, has decided to flaunt her new tattoo. Remember that Nompilo announced...
This is why James Corden’s late night show was cancelled for the next few days
After it was revealed that James Corden had tested positive for Covid-19, his late-night program was suspended for the next...
Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor Death: Irish singer Sinead loses son
Sinead O’Connor, an Irish singer, has lost her son, Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor. The performer issued a statement on...
Medical helicopter crashes near Drexel Hill United Methodist Church in Drexel Hill, infant and three crew members sustain non-life threatening injuries.
A medical helicopter crashed near the Drexel Hill United Methodist Church in Drexel Hill, Delaware County, on Tuesday afternoon, injuring...