Connect with us

World News

Heavy explosion hits Tehran, Iran capital: there is a large operation of firefighters and rescue teams

Published

on

This Friday night a strong explosion was recorded in Tehran, the capital of Iran, and at the scene of the event, there is a large operation of firefighters and rescue teams to try to contain the flames that were unleashed after the initial detonation.

At the moment, the Iranian authorities did not provide details of the incident and it is not yet clear if it was an attack or an accident.

“We have not yet received any reports of an explosion,” Jalal Maleki, a spokesman for the fire department, told the semi-official Fars news agency.

According to the Fars report, the security forces that were mobilized by the incident are deployed in the Mellat park area, in the western part of Tehran.

Below is the video from the scene of the explosion.

Tehran has recently recorded similar incidents of explosion back last month when a heavy fire broke out in Iran Steel Mill, a third Such Incident In Five Days.

On Saturday evening a large fire and a strong explosion rocked an Iranian steel mill in Zarand, Kerman Province, in the third such incident in less than a week. Officials said that after hours of battling the fire they were able to extinguish it without loss of human life.

Local officials in Zarand reported late Saturday that ablaze and an explosion engulfed one of the furnaces. The director of Zarand Steel Mill said several people were injured but no one was killed.

Another explosion followed by a fire sank Iran’s largest naval vessel in the Sea of Oman, near it, shores, on June 2. The government has not issued any official report on the cause of any of the three incidents, as the Islamic Republic is gearing up to choose a president in 12 days.

In all three incidents suspicion of sabotage, evident in social-media speculation, was inevitable with continuing Israeli threats against the Islamic Republic, following a series of spectacular attacks against high-value targets since July 2020 that is widely believed to have been the work of Israeli intelligence.

Iran’s main uranium enrichment facility in Natanz experienced two catastrophic attacks in less than10 months, with explosions and fires destroying crucial enrichment machines and inflicting serious damage in July 2020 and April 2021.

More Details later..

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

SPORTS

ENTERTAINMENT

HOT NOW!