Connect with us

Local

“There will be more load-shedding in the next 5 years” – Eskom CEO Andre de Ruyter reveals

Published

on

The CEO of Eskom Andre de Ruyter has revealed that there will be more load-shedding in South Africa in the future.

He said the power utility service will experience several lapses in the electricity distribution and generation in the next few years due to technical faults with the old power stations.

 

“Eskom has to reiterate, there will be a shortfall in supply of electricity of approximately 4000 megawatts over the next five years as announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa,” says De Ruyter.

Mr Andre promised that they will allow the promise of interventions announced by the president of further request for proposal for further 2600M of power from the wind and solar alternative sources.

“We welcome further interventions announced by the President, which will include a further request for proposal for further 2600 megawatts from wind and solar energy,” he adds.

In an official statement released last week, Eskom said that a stage 2 load-shedding will be extended to 5 pm on Wednesday following the loss of further generation capacity and replenish emergency generation reserves.

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SPORTS

ENTERTAINMENT

HOT NOW!