An unfortunate incident that happened in the US around December last has seen the death of a year-old baby girl Reese who had complications after swallowing a button battery.
Baby Reese was the second daughter of Trista Hamsmith (39), a mother of two children in Lubbock, Texas, suddenly became lethargic at the end of October last year, making a squeaking noise and coughing when breathing became highly impossible for her.
She was just 1 year and 5 months old at the time, diagnosed with a sore throat at the pediatric clinic, but her physical condition did not improve at all even after 2 days.
Then, as soon as Trista began to think that there must be something else, she found a remote controller lying on the floor with the battery lid open.
If you look closely, the button battery that should have been installed is gone, and Trista took Reese to the emergency room, saying, “Maybe I accidentally swallowed it.”
“When I searched online, I found that sore throat was very similar to the symptoms of accidental ingestion of coin cell batteries. A hospital examination showed that coin cell batteries remained in the oesophagus of Reese. I found out that an emergency removal operation was performed, “she recalls.
Ballon d’Or: Why Benzema Deserves The Title – Modric
As we draw closer to the much-talked Ballon D’or title, many soccer stars are now vetting for their preferred choice....
Ligue 1: Reason Why Ramos Will Not Make His Much-awaited Debut – PSG
What Mbappe’s Mother Said About His Contract Extension With PSG
Champions League: Messi Reveals What They Need To Do In PSG To Play Better
Worked So Hard, Didn’t See My Family For So Long – What Usyk Said After Defeating Anthony Joshua
EPL: Why I Left Chelsea & Joined Lyon – Emerson
Man Utd Carabao Cup Exit: What We Must Do For The Other Competitions Ahead – Bruno Fernandes
See What DJ Tira Wants To Give To Anyone Who Correctly Predicts Winners Of Amapiano Awards
As all roads lead to one of the most talked-about South African music awards, “Amapiano Awards” talented disk jockey, DJ...
DJ Maphorisa Wants People To Declare Him The Landlord Of South African Music Industry
DJ Maphorisa is currently one of the top music producers in South African and he wants people and other celebrities...
You Be Will Replaced Soon – Somizi Tells Bongzie Amidst Rumours That They Are In A Relationship
South African media personality and actor, Somizi has finally reacted to the rumours peddling through social media that he has...
Gigi Lamayne Announces Her Departure From SA Hip Hop, Yet To Reveal The Next Genre She Taking Up
South African award-winning female rapper, Gigi Lamayne official made it open that she is leaving the hip hop genre for...
Am Catching Flights, You Catching Feelings – Mr JazziQ Says As He Celebrates 1M Instagram Followers
South African music producer, Mr JazziQ has officially upgraded his level in the photo-sharing website “Instagram” and has joined the...
Lady Du Celebrates Her Daughter’s Fifth Birthday In Style (Photos)
Lady Du’s daughter, Mia celebrated her fifth birthday yesterday and the singer had to surprise her with a breathtaking birthday...
13-Story Residential Buiding In Taiwan Comepletly Razed Down By Fire, 46 Reportedly Dead
Taiwan: No fewer than 46 people lost their lives after a fire incident in a residential building in Southern Taiwan...