This two-year-old girl tragically dies after she got choked while eating a piece of sausage in kindergarten.
Sadie Salt suddenly stopped breathing while eating at Mini Learners in Hertz Radlett.
An ambulance was called to the scene, and the teenager was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
Despite the best efforts of the medical staff, the teenager, who lived with her family in Barney, died two days later, on November 14.
A fundraising page has now been set up for the COSMIC Child Intensive Care Charitable Foundation, which has so far raised more than 37 37,000 on behalf of family members Zo, Adam, Acha Akari and Josh Oshua.
“We are devastated to have lost our beautiful Sadie on Saturday 14th November,” a tribute on the page reads.
“Sadie spent two days in St Mary’s Hospital paediatric ICU where the care she, mummy and daddy received was incredible.
“The team at the ICU are beyond amazing and the care for Sadie and the support for us was outstanding. They do an amazing job and fully deserve all the support they can get.
“They took tremendous care of our Sadie and us and nothing was too much to make us all feel loved, cared for and supported.”
They added: “We are in terrible pain as we suffer the untimely loss of our daughter and sister, but the huge support of love from you all has been overwhelming.”
They said further, “We are so proud to tell you that she was able to help others by donating vital organs to go on and save lives.
“Please show your love and support for Sadie and us by giving to this wonderful charity. It means so much to us all and from the bottom of our hearts we thank you all for thinking of us.”
Family friends Darren Ruback and Claire Nicole have also launched a petition calling for sausages to be banned from all nurseries.
It reads: “Tragically on the 14th November 2020, Darren’s best friend’s daughter lost her life after choking on a piece of sausage whilst having her lunch at nursery.
“We are fully aware that accidents happen but things can also be put in place to prevent these accidents occurring.
“Sausages are renowned for their awkward shape and tough skin, thus making it extra challenging for small children to chew. Grapes fall into the same category.
“We are appealing to get sausages and grapes banned from all nursery settings ASAP so no other family has to go through the devastation and heartbreak that so many people have felt this weekend.”
Winning The Ballon d’Or Have Been One Of My Childhood Dreams – Benzema
Real Madrid striker, Karim Benzema has spoken on what the Ballon D’Or award means to him. Benzema in an interview...
What Mbappe’s Mother Said About His Contract Extension With PSG
Champions League: Messi Reveals What They Need To Do In PSG To Play Better
Worked So Hard, Didn’t See My Family For So Long – What Usyk Said After Defeating Anthony Joshua
EPL: Why I Left Chelsea & Joined Lyon – Emerson
Man Utd Carabao Cup Exit: What We Must Do For The Other Competitions Ahead – Bruno Fernandes
LaLiga: Why Our Match Against Granada Ended In A Draw – Ronald Koeman
Lady Du Celebrates Her Daughter’s Fifth Birthday In Style (Photos)
Lady Du’s daughter, Mia celebrated her fifth birthday yesterday and the singer had to surprise her with a breathtaking birthday...
What Universal Music Did To My Career – Heavy K
Afro House hitmaker, Heavy K has opened up on what he went through in the hands of his former record...
Stop Playing With Me – A Reece Warns Haters
South Africa Hip Hop music star, A Reece has sent a warning to all haters who said he became irrelevant...
I Only Do Amapiano When The Money Is Right – Prince Kaybee
South African music producer who has been going through lashes by his fans after he announced that he is working...
DJ Maphorisa Wants To Know Why Shimza Is Making Music Alone
DJ Maphorisa says he wants to know why his fellow music producer, Shimza is making music alone as he ought...
Oscar Mbo Steps Out With His Son In A Matching Outfit (Photos)
South African record producer, Oscar Mba was seen having a good time with his little son as both rocks the...
13-Story Residential Buiding In Taiwan Comepletly Razed Down By Fire, 46 Reportedly Dead
Taiwan: No fewer than 46 people lost their lives after a fire incident in a residential building in Southern Taiwan...