Entertainment

Popular Gospel Singer, Bishop Rance Allen Has Passed Away

Popular Gospel Singer, Bishop Rance Allen Dies At 72

Popular American Bishop, Minister, gospel singer, and the founder and leader of the famed Rance Allen Group, Rance Allen has sadly passed away. Rance Allen who is known for his extremely wide vocal range and powerful singing voice was reported to have died yesterday October 30 2020. Bisho Rance was the lead vocalist for “The Rance Allen Group“.

His cause of death is not yet known as at the time of filing this report but unconfirmed reports from sources claimed his death was COVID-19 related issue.

After the establishment of the New Bethel Church Of God In Christ In Toledo, Ohio on July 1985, Rance Allen took over as the senior pastor. In November 2011, Rance Allen was elevated to the office of Bishop in the Church of God in Christ, for the Michigan Northwestern Harvest Jurisdiction.

Born and raised in Monroe, Michigan to the family of Thomas and Emma pearl Allen. He had 11 siblings: six sisters and five brothers. In 1969, Rance Allen and his brothers Thomas and Steve teamed up and formed the musical group “Rance Allen” in Detroit.

On December 1, 1970, he got married to the love of his life, Allen Marie Allen but unfortunately, the couple had no children together.

Reacting to Rance Allen’s death Singer Anthony J. Brown wrote on his official Facebook page – I am heartbroken and saddened by the news of Bishop Rance Allen’s passing. This man was a legend!!!! And so kind. Lord Jesus. My prayers and heart is with his family and our whole gospel music community who has been influenced by his amazing ministry.

Tributes Floods Twitter

Watch Rance Allen Live Performance Alongside His Musical Group

The Church of God In Christ, INC released a statement today confirming that the man of God has passed on.

Read Excerpts From The Statement: This initial notice of Episcopal Transition is as per the directive of our Presiding Bishop & Chief Apostle, Bishop Charles Edward Blake, Sr.

God, who is omnipotent and omniscient has summoned his servant, Bishop Rance Lee Allen to eternal rest. Bishop Allen served as Prelate of the Michigan Northeast Harvest Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction. Bishop Allen was a world-renowned gospel artist and affectionately known as the “Father of Contemporary Gospel Music”. Bishop Allen’s unique vocal ministry was an indispensable sound within the Church Of God in Christ an remained a sought after personality called to perform on global venues.

During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic resulting in local and state restriction on public gatherings to achieve social distancing, the family will hold a private memorial service for his servant. When the restrictions are lifted, a date will be set for a Jurisdictional Memorial Service that will appropriately recognize the godly life and notable achievements of Bishop Rance Allen.

During this time of uncertainty, we respect the continued prayers as well as acts of emotional and spiritual support for the family. It is with great honour that the National Adjutancy will assist the family during this most difficult time.

1. John

October 31, 2020 at 2:37 pm

Oh we will miss you

2. Kimmy

October 31, 2020 at 3:12 pm

This was one of my gospel favs. He was a huge presence. I hate 2020!

• Caroline Smith

October 31, 2020 at 3:32 pm

Well Done Bishop Rance Allen take your rest you will be missed

3. Cynthia Keel

October 31, 2020 at 3:55 pm

The world of gospel music and the Word will be forever changed with the physical absence of Bishop Rance Allen! Oh how I will miss this powerhouse! Praying for the Allen family, COGIC, and the gospel community at large.

4. Sandra M. Anderson

October 31, 2020 at 4:09 pm

Bishop Rance Allen will be greatly missed. His voice was unique in that all glory and honor was ever present in His singing. I became aware of Rance’ wonderful voice by listening to the radio. I was hooked and have never let go. I started collecting albums of the ‘group’ and enjoy them at home and in my vehicle. My he rest in peace.

• Paulette Brown

October 31, 2020 at 11:13 pm

Bishop Rance Allen was our earthly angel when it comes to preaching and singing. Now he can sing in God’s heaveñly choir!!!!

5. Irma Baker, formerly of Flint MI

October 31, 2020 at 4:40 pm

When I was going through some very tough times in my life, many of Bishop Allen’s songs encouraged my very soul. These lyrics, “I’ve never been to Paris in the spring or the fall…if I can make it to heaven, that will be good enough for me…” Another song that helped me was “I’m Gonna Make It After All”, and yes, true to those words, I’m here 43 years later! Tears are in my eyes as I sit here typing these words. Our family owned so many of his albums (LPs) and he autographed them for us. So RIP! He will forever be in my heart and his work on earth will continue strengthen and encourage me!

6. VIRGINIA Johnson truly a fame

October 31, 2020 at 6:08 pm

Omg what a powerful man that Heaven has capture he was Amazing in all capacity of a man of God he will truly be missed and sending my deepest sympathies his legacy will live on in my heart love you Bishop Allen blessings to your family

7. Hattie Greenwood

October 31, 2020 at 7:11 pm

you will be solely miss the songs you sang were so great to the soul, Thank you. R. I. P

8. Angela Thomas

October 31, 2020 at 8:27 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting Bishop Rance Allen at our church Victory And Dominion World OutReach Center Snowhill North Carolina
    Gone To Soon Rest In The Lord ❤️😇

9. Medallion Jones

October 31, 2020 at 8:31 pm

He is a LEGEND in the music industry. He was sent from Our LORD to minister to the PEOPLE in song & the word… Physical in the flesh. He will be miss. But his music will LIVE ON (FOREVER)!!!!!! One thing for certain, we know he is in heaven…………