A 7-centimetre-long living leech has been extracted from the throat of a 5-year-old boy living in China and is drawing attention. News such as “The Daily Star” and “Daily Star” reported the news that the spine was frozen.

A 5-year-old boy living in Lincang, Yunnan, China has been suffering from sore throat, snoring, and shortness of breath for the past year or so. Worried that his son’s symptoms would not improve, his parents went to the Shuangjiang People’s Clinic in the city and asked for an examination. As a result, it was found that there was a foreign substance in the back of the boy’s throat.

A boy’s foreign body removal surgery was performed on the 16th of this month, which was recorded in a video. In the video, you can see the doctor inserting a bronchial endoscope through the mouth of a sleeping boy under anesthesia and checking the inside of the trachea with a camera. The boy then moves a little painfully as the doctor passes the assistive device through the hollow tube. However, about 10 seconds later, when the doctor pulled out the device, a leech of about 7 cm was picked up. The leech, which seems to have been parasitic on the body for about a year, is dark brown and is moving with a kunekune.

“It’s rare for a leech to continue to grow in the human body, but last year a leech was removed from a 4-year-old child in the same area,” said a doctor.

“I think it was because I drank contaminated raw water,” he said of the cause of the leech’s infestation.

The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that about 80% of illnesses such as hepatitis A, polio, and cholera are caused by contaminated water, and doctors drink once boiled water and travel. It is recommended to use a commercially available chemical disinfectant.

By the way, in January last year, a 15 cm leech was removed from the throat of a 63-year-old woman in Vietnam . The woman had been suffering from severe migraines for three months and often washed her body in a natural spring.