A two-year-old child who was playing by bouncing on a sofa near the blinds died in April of this year with a blind string entwined around his neck. “Cornwall Live” and others report a tragic accident that happened in just 5 to 10 minutes when an adult took their eyes off.
Lauren Grimshaw (26), who lives in Looe, in the southeastern part of Cornwall, England, lost his two-year-old son Cobie in an accident on April 7. An inquest of Coby’s cause of death was held remotely this month in Truro, Cornwall, revealing the day of the accident and the cause of death.
On April 4th, when the accident happened, Lauren and his partner Tom were awakened by Coby around 7am. Coby is Lauren’s stepchild, but he longs for Tom like his real father, and all three of them spent the day relaxing on the sofa in the living room.
At around 12:30 pm, when the three had lunch, Lauren’s mother, Terri, brought Coby a gift of an art set. Coby hugged happily when he saw Terry and was quite excited.
After that, Lauren boiled water to make tea, and three adults were talking in the kitchen. However, a tragedy occurred in just 5 to 10 minutes before the water boiled.
Lauren looks back on that time.
“When the water boiled and turned off the fire, I noticed that the living room was very quiet. I wondered if Coby was watching on TV in the living room, and when I went to see the situation, I put it by the window. I saw him standing straight behind the sofa. ”
“Mysteriously, when I approached, Coby’s neck was entwined with a blind string, and I was in a state where the neck was hung. My mother immediately laid Coby on the sofa for CPR, and I called an ambulance and knocked on the door of my neighbor’s house for help. ”
Hearing this hysterical cry of Mr Lauren,
UK 2-year-old boy dies after his neck was entangled in a blind string while bouncing on the sofa
The first person to come to Coby was his neighbour, Steven Humphries. Stephen, who has been training the ambulance crew for many years, gave mouth-to-mouth artificial respiration for about 15 to 20 minutes before the ambulance crew and helicopter arrived. “I think the pulse has returned once,” Steven said, but Coby was taken by helicopter to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth and then transferred to the Children’s Hospital in Bristol.
Coby has had several mild heart attacks since hospitalization, and Lauren was told by a doctor on April 6 that “the brain is swollen and may not last long,” and the next day. I took a breath.
“Coby loved to bounce and play on the couch by the window with the blinds. The blind strings were made of beads and were dangling,” Lauren said. At the end of the hearing, Andrew Cox, the chief medical examiner of the company, said, “Coby died of hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy when a blind string was entangled in his neck and suffocated. It’s a typical accident. ”
Coby’s death, which was concluded to be an accident.
According to the Consumer Affairs Agency, if a blind string or the like gets entangled in a child’s neck, suffocation due to airway obstruction or neuropathy due to oxygen deficiency may occur, fainting within 15 seconds, and death in 2 to 3 minutes.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced that “46 fatalities of children under the age of 12 in the United States due to window blinds and curtain strings occurred between 2014 and 2019.” .. An average of less than eight fatal accidents occur each year, so we decided to take measures such as putting the strings together in a high place, choosing a product without strings, and not putting a sofa or bed nearby. I recommend it.
EPL: Man United Manager, Solskjaer Speaks On Their Defeat Against Liverpool
Manchester United coach, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has commented on their yesterday’s match against Liverpool. Reacting to the match, Ole Gunnar...
Former Stottish Footballer, John Sludden Dies At 56
UCL: Eden Hazard Apologises To Real Madrid Fans…, Says It Was Not His Intention To Offend Them
UCL – Chelsea Vs Real Madrid: Here’s What Hazard Was Seen Doing With Chelsea Players That Has Sparked Outrage
Ex-Arsenal defender, Emmanuel Eboue Clears The Air About Been Broke
UCL: It Will Be Another Tough One – Chelsea Coach, Tuchel Speaks About Their Next Match Again Real Madrid
UFC: What Jorge Masvidal Said After Losing To Kamaru Usman
I Have Found My True Calling – Big Xhosa Says As He Quit Music
Big Xhosa Announces His Exit From Music After releasing multiple diss songs to South African hip hop artists with no...
World Inferno Lead Singer, Jack Terricloth Has Passed Away
The World Inferno Friendship society lead singer and guitarist, Peter Ventantonio was popularly known by his stage name as Jack...
South African Singer & Songwriter, Tshidino Ndou Has Passed Away
Singer, actor, producer and Songwriter, Tshidino Ndou has sadly passed away. He was reported to have died today May 13...
What’s wrong with Snoop Dogg’s mum, fans and rappers share their prayers
Fans and notable rappers in the music industry have shared their prayers to Snoop Dogg’s mum just few days after...
AKA’s late fiancée Nellie Anelle Tembe twitter breakdown video trends
A viral video of Nellie Tembe crying out over AKA’s abuse surfaced online. The video which has gone viral on...
Kiernan and Scoop at war: Radio personality, Scoop on fire after revealing that AKA abuses drugs
Tweeps have called out Radio personality, Scoop over his alleged reports that South African rapper AKA is abusing drugs. The ...
Car got burnt and driver injured after he used a hand sanitizer while smoking a cigarette inside his car in Rockville
A driver has got himself burnt and his car destroyed after he used a hand sanitizer while smoking a cigarette...