About 3 members of foreign terrorist organization have been arrested, charged with drug trafficking, narco-terrorism by the law enforcement officials.
The Houston divisions of the FBI and the Drug Enforcement Administration conducted the investigation, in conjunction with the Houston Police Department and partners in Bogota, Columbia.
According to a reports, Yamit Picon-Rodriguez, aka Choncha, 36; Jose Gabriel Alvarez-Ortiz, aka Alex, 26, and Henry Trigos-Celon, aka Moncho Picada, 43, were arrested on charges of drug trafficking, narco-terrorism and cocaine distribution.
The Houston divisions of the FBI and the Drug Enforcement Administration conducted the investigation, in conjunction with the Houston Police Department and partners in Bogota, Columbia, officials said.
A Houston grand jury returned the three-count indictment on Feb 12, and, according to the indictment, the suspects were “involved in an ongoing 20-year conspiracy to distribute cocaine from Colombia to the United States knowing or intending to provide pecuniary support to the ELN.”
“As alleged, for decades, ELN produced and exported tons of cocaine to the U.S., using communities in America to fund their terrorist activities,” said DEA Acting Administrator Timothy Shea. “These enforcement actions have dealt a major blow to the ELN and are a true testament to the power of partnerships. (The) DEA remains dedicated to our partners around the globe in the shared mission of bringing narco-terrorists to justice.”
ELN leader Villegas-Palomino, aka Carlos El Puerco, 38; Jaime Miguel Picon-Rodriguez, aka Chencho and Jairo, 38, and Diomedes Barbosa-Montaño, aka El Burro, 38, are all fugitives wanted on the same charges.
The U.S. Department of State through its Narcotics Rewards Program is offering up to a $5 million reward for information leading to the arrest and/or conviction of Villegas-Palomino, according to the release.
Anyone with information is asked to contact their local FBI or call 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324) for the “major case contact center.”
- Little girl, 3-year-old dies from heart attack after taking dad’s cocaine
- United States Department of Immigration and Customs Enforcement Offers $ 5 million Bounty On Venezuelan official close to Tareck El Aissami
- 1 killed, 1 arrested in Turlock hotel Shooting
- Abraham Rodriguez Death: Family Demands Justice For Abraham Shot & Killed In OKC
- US has offered $10 million for information leading to the capture of two former Chavista ministers linked to the blackouts
- The pictures of the burning of confidential documents at the Chinese consulate in Houston that the US ordered to close
- Who is Lasalle Jamal Shakier Junior – Shooting in Cully Neighborhood Leaves One Person Dead (Photo)
- Bogota Riot: Violent anti-police riots in Bogota following the murder of a man in cold blood (Video)