Police said this 17-year-old was arrested after an “ambush” style shooting at an Arizona soldier on Thursday.
The department said that his real name is Louis German Espinosa Acuna, 17, who used an AK-47 to shoot multiple shots at Arizona Department of Public Safety investigators in a residential area of Phoenix before 9am.
And Troopers were in the area to execute an arrest warrant for a wanted suspect, according to ABC News. Police said the battered soldier was sitting in an unmarked car, but was wearing plain uniforms.
“There was no doubt,” said division director Colonel Heston Silbert at a news conference on Thursday evening. “It was an ambush.” “He could be recognized as a police officer.”
I was a passenger in a silver four-door Infiniti that sped out in front of the detective car and cracked the trigger. Then he got out of the car and claimed that he “immediately opened fire and opened fire” at the soldier, who also got out of his car, Silbert said.
That soldier and another person who was near him exchanged fire with the alleged gunman. No one is hurt.
Infiniti driver escapes as Acuna was arrested.
Police, still searching for the second suspect, described the car as an Infiniti G-37 from 2008 to 2013 with custom wheels and a temporary license plate.
Authorities said an assault rifle was found near Acuna at the scene.
A Blue Alert was released on Thursday, and it is a rarely used system to notify the public of a suspect on the run following a law enforcement attack.
- Cibola County Shooting: New Mexico State Police Officer was shot at multiple times as she walked up to a vehicle for a traffic stop
- Emmitsburg MD Shooting Today: One person down after firing at the police
- Imran Safi kidnapping: kidnapping of three South London children, 13 suspects now arrested Imran Safi
- Northeast Ohio Shooting & Officer James Skernivitz death: Suspect on the loose after, Cleveland officer was shot & killed
- Bothell police shooting, one man dead
- Maine Township Accident: Multiple persons have sustained injuries following a single car crash early Thursday morning in Maine
- 1 killed, 1 arrested in Turlock hotel Shooting
- Two Men Arrested For Alleged Rape and Murder Of A 74yr Pietermaritzburg Woman