Brian Michael Kelly, a 36-year-old man, was charged with a Class B felony, the felony for illegal use of a weapon, and two counts of unlawful directing of light from a laser pointer. His warranty is set at $ 257,500.
On Thursday, September 17, 2020, a grand jury indicted him for having shone a high-powered laser in the eyes of a law enforcement officer during a violent Portland protest last month.
The indictment accuses Kelly of using the laser pointer “as a dangerous weapon to unlawfully, intentionally and intentionally cause bodily injury to a person they know to be a police officer,” the Multnomah County Prosecutor’s Office said in a press release Tuesday.
This investigation began with riots announced on the night of August 25 in which Antifa fighters shattered Portland City Hall windows, breached and vandalized the building.
Portland Police arrested Bryan Michael Kelley, 36. He’s accused of using a powerful laser to injure the eyes of cops last month at an #antifa riot. He’s charged w/class B felony assault, felony unlawful use of a weapon & more. His bail is $257k. https://t.co/XLPVKKBSXN pic.twitter.com/tzzp1yjive
— Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) September 9, 2020
Kelley is still in Multnomah County Detention Center. His case management hearing is scheduled for Dec. 17.
- Antifa set fires in the building where Mayor Ted Wheeler Lives as police arrests protesters after refusing to disburse
- Antifa militants caught on camera assaulting one of the federal buildings with US Marshals inside (Video)
- Rioters set the Portland PD Police Association building on fire (Pictures/Videos)
- Who is Michael Forest Reinoehl AKA 100% ANTIFA investigated over the deadly shooting of a Trump supporter in Portland
- Portland Riot: 59 Arrested By The Police During Saturday Night Riot (Photos)
- Cibola County Shooting: New Mexico State Police Officer was shot at multiple times as she walked up to a vehicle for a traffic stop
- Elk Statue Set On Fire (Video)
- JUST IN: DHS leaked email confirms Antifa is an organized group