goalkeeper Dean Henderson has signed a new five year Manchester United contract.
Dean officially signed a new contract to keep him at Manchester United until June 2025, with an option to add next year.
The goal is based on the previous two loan deals at Sheffield United and has been impressive under Chris Wilder who won the trophy for Gareth Southgate’s squad for next month’s World Cup qualifier.
Henderson kept 13 clean sheets in the league last season and many have backed him to replace David de Gea as the first choice at Old Trafford. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer continues to bring back Spain but is a big fan of England’s young goal and talks continue as to what role he could play for United next season.
Chelsea were keen to sign Henderson after his impressive form but United were keen to sign him on a new contract and the 23-year-old is delighted to sign a new contract.
Henderson, who has been with the club since he was 14, said: “The way I have been for the past five years has been wonderful for my development and the most important loan time at Sheffield United has been part of that.
“United’s goal-scoring prowess is very good; there are three top players who have achieved a lot in this game and I look forward to working with the team.
“I give my all to improve every day so that I can play as many games as possible in this great club. Now I am looking forward to joining the England team and preparing for next season.”
Solskjaer has already admitted he has a problem scoring goals ahead of the new campaign. However, it was a Norwegian who welcomed and praised Henderson for his progress while on loan at Bramall Lane.
- Live score, Match Highlights & Full Results 2 July 2020 – Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham
- South African attacker Percy Tau Finally Arrives Brussels Ahead Of His Loan Move To Anderlecht From Brighton
- NFL: Why Damien Williams opted out of the 2020 season
- Who is Gavin Hunt – Meet the new Kaizer Chiefs head coach
- September 21, 2020 Premier League Live updates: Aston Villa 1 – 0 Sheffield United, Match Highlights & Full Scores
- Kaizer Chiefs have received a $ 400,000 offer for their top striker, Serbian striker Samir Nurkovic.
- Di María ends his contract with PSG in the summer of 2021
- Breaking News: Ben Chilwell officially leaves Leicester City to Chelsea