Kevin John Death – Dead: Melbourne radio announcer Kevin John has passed away. Kevin John was reported to have died few days ago from an undisclosed illness. He died at the age of 66 at his home in Wonthaggi.
Kevin trained at the Lee Murray radio school and then worked at 3HA Hamilton and 3TR Sale before moving to the big smoke. He worked on Melbourne radio stations including Magic 1278, 3AW, 3KZ and 3UZ.
Sports reporter, Shane Mclnnes first reported that the renowned presenter has passed on. In a series of tweets he wrote “Incredibly saddened to learn the news of Kevin John’s passing. KJ was a shining light in the offices of
@3AW693 & @Magic1278 To me personally he was always incredibly supportive, and he was just a joy to have a chat to. One of the true gentlemen of Melbourne radio.”
To me personally he was always incredibly supportive, and he was just a joy to have a chat to.
One of the true gentlemen of Melbourne radio.
— Shane McInnes (@shanemcinnes) August 23, 2020
Tributes Floods Twitter
Just heard news that Kevin John .. great radio guy has died . Totally shocked and saddened. He was only 66 . His great mate Brendan McGrael died earlier this year and his other great mate Peter O’Callaghan died only a few years ago . R I P
— Tony Tardio (@tonytardio) August 23, 2020
Kevin John, one of the kindest people I ever met in radio or out, has passed away…he was just 66! A true radio fan and a great radio professional…took me under his wing when I lobbed at 3MP for my first metro gig in 1983…a terrible loss pic.twitter.com/ug6hO56Uzm
— mike perso (@mikeperso) August 23, 2020
Kevin made his way to Melbourne in 1975 and was working in a department store with microphone in hand, spruiking when he was discovered by Lee Murray. Lee was a broadcaster who spotted much talent in his years, and trained up many of the radio greats who have graced the Australian airwaves.
Equipped with the beautiful voice he was born with and the skills he learned from Lee, Kevin worked at 3HA Hamilton and 3TR Sale before moving on to Melbourne’s capital city stations. He made many friends and many fans during his time at 3KZ, 3MP, and 3UZ.
EPL: Man United Manager, Solskjaer Speaks On Their Defeat Against Liverpool
Manchester United coach, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has commented on their yesterday’s match against Liverpool. Reacting to the match, Ole Gunnar...
Former Stottish Footballer, John Sludden Dies At 56
UCL: Eden Hazard Apologises To Real Madrid Fans…, Says It Was Not His Intention To Offend Them
UCL – Chelsea Vs Real Madrid: Here’s What Hazard Was Seen Doing With Chelsea Players That Has Sparked Outrage
Ex-Arsenal defender, Emmanuel Eboue Clears The Air About Been Broke
UCL: It Will Be Another Tough One – Chelsea Coach, Tuchel Speaks About Their Next Match Again Real Madrid
UFC: What Jorge Masvidal Said After Losing To Kamaru Usman
I Have Found My True Calling – Big Xhosa Says As He Quit Music
Big Xhosa Announces His Exit From Music After releasing multiple diss songs to South African hip hop artists with no...
World Inferno Lead Singer, Jack Terricloth Has Passed Away
The World Inferno Friendship society lead singer and guitarist, Peter Ventantonio was popularly known by his stage name as Jack...
South African Singer & Songwriter, Tshidino Ndou Has Passed Away
Singer, actor, producer and Songwriter, Tshidino Ndou has sadly passed away. He was reported to have died today May 13...
What’s wrong with Snoop Dogg’s mum, fans and rappers share their prayers
Fans and notable rappers in the music industry have shared their prayers to Snoop Dogg’s mum just few days after...
AKA’s late fiancée Nellie Anelle Tembe twitter breakdown video trends
A viral video of Nellie Tembe crying out over AKA’s abuse surfaced online. The video which has gone viral on...
Kiernan and Scoop at war: Radio personality, Scoop on fire after revealing that AKA abuses drugs
Tweeps have called out Radio personality, Scoop over his alleged reports that South African rapper AKA is abusing drugs. The ...
Car got burnt and driver injured after he used a hand sanitizer while smoking a cigarette inside his car in Rockville
A driver has got himself burnt and his car destroyed after he used a hand sanitizer while smoking a cigarette...