Blazers center Jusuf Nurkic on Saturday announced the sad news of his grandmother’s death
Hana died in Bosnia less than two weeks after hbasketball player told reporters she had COVID-19 and was in a coma.
On Saturday, just before the Blazers played Memphis in the NBA’s first play-in game, he posted on Instagram a picture of himself with his grandma with the words “#ripgrandma” and “#loveyou.” In a loose translation, he wrote, “We are all Allah’s and to Him we return.”
Nurkic played in Saturday’s 126-122 win, scoring 22 points, with 21 rebounds and six assists.
Nurkic told reporters in late July he had considered not playing because of his grandma’s condition and the pandemic caused by the virus.
“The last couple of days have been the toughest days of my life,” he said. “I think people don’t realize the (virus) is real out there. We’ve been fortunate to be here in a safe environment. We’re tested every day, but please take care of yourself, wear a damn mask if you need to wear it.”
He said he learned of her condition during a FaceTime call before she went into a coma. In early August, he said she was out of a coma and her condition had improved.
Sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences. It’s always hard to lose somebody you 💘. “Jusuf Nurkić announces his grandmother has died of COVID-19” https://t.co/dbEmr5fzxu
— Dannyhomebody (@dannyhomebody) August 15, 2020
According USATODAY, Nurkic has been outstanding for the Blazers in the restart. He missed every game this season through March 11 as he recovered from a compound fracture in his left tibia and fibula sustained late in the 2018-19 season.
He helped the Blazers make the play-in game, averaging 17.6 points, 10.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.4 steals.
- Famous Red Star basketball player, Michael Ojo dies during training
- LeBron James’s fury after falling in the third game of the final against Heat. He left the court with 10 seconds left
- Canadian professional ice hockey Defenceman, Adam Comrie Has Passed Away
- Basketball Star, Rakeem Dickerson Is Dead
- Leeds United returns to the Premier League after 16 years
- Premier Soccer League 2020: Kaizer Chiefs Vs Chippa United Match Results Today 2 September 2020, Updates & Livestreaming, Live Scores, Match Highlights & Predictions
- Despite the presence of Luis Suárez, Atlético Madrid cannot beat Huesca
- South African attacker Percy Tau Finally Arrives Brussels Ahead Of His Loan Move To Anderlecht From Brighton