Many South African woke this morning to behold the reports that the South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has allegedly made some announcements that he will tender his resignation this morning.
The viral post was shared on the social media had the president revealing that he has submitted his resignation and will address the nation on public television where he will officially announce his resignation. ” This is great news for all South Africans” many people said on Twitter.
Breaking News : President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that he will tender his resignation this morning. He has submitted his resignation and will address the nation on public television and announce his resignation. This is great news for all South Africans #RamaphosaResigns pic.twitter.com/U75mY7WERr
— Man’s NOT Barry Roux (@Advovolicious) July 23, 2020
President Cyril Ramaphosa became South Africa’s president a day after embattled leader Jacob Zuma resigned.
He was the only candidate nominated by parliament, which is dominated by his African National Congress. MPs broke into song at the announcement.
In his first presidential speech, Mr Ramaphosa, 65, said he would tackle the corruption which allegedly became widespread under Mr Zuma.
The ANC had told Mr Zuma to step down or face a vote of no-confidence.
- eNCA suspends Jane Dutton & Xoli Mngambi over Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma remarks
- Latest News On Ban of Cigarettes in South Africa: President Cyril Ramaphosa Stands Rigid with his decisions
- Latest On Lockdown South Africa! Cyril Ramaphosa Extends Lockdown To 2 Weeks [FULL SPEECH]
- Tweeps Reacts As Alcohol is banned again in South Africa with immediate effect
- Ramaphosa Wearing A Mask Turns Up South Africans (Video)