Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd Death
This is really unbelievable!! One out of the two Arizona teachers who where sharing classrooms for two hours a day teaching online classes during the pandemic have died.
Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61-year-old Arizona teacher died on June 26 two weeks after she tested positive for Covid-19 and was hospitalized.
Kimberley had worked for the Hayden Winkelman School District for 38 years.
While speaking CNN, Jena Martinez who is one of the two surviving teachers said that even with good hygiene practices in place, it’s too soon to return. They know because they’ve experienced it first-hand.
“Schools are not ready to open,” Skillings told Lemon, adding that schools are scheduled to reopen in Arizona on August 17.
Skillings noted that schools have been closed down since March, so there is no sure way to know that transmission between children in schools won’t be an issue.
“There’s no documentation that children aren’t going to transmit it back and forth in the classroom or that it isn’t going to affect them harshly,” Skillings cautioned. “Our schools are not ready. We are not prepared to open up. We’re supposed to open up on the 17 of August and there’s no way that even the teachers are ready for that to happen.”
- Donald Trump called for the reopening of schools in the United States and warned that he could cut funds from those that do not
- Legendary Guitarist, Trini Lopez Is Dead
- Shea Patno Death, Obituary – Teen Boy, Shea Patno Dies In A Tragic Drowning Accident
- Oyo State, Governor Makinde cancels 2020 3rd term for school students
- Angry Teacher in New Jersey wishes teens in park die ‘long, painful death’ from coronavirus