U.S. Rep. John Lewis is not dead. The news report circulating all over the social media that John Lewis has passed away is not true.
According to his chief of staff Michael Collins, there is no truth to posts on social media that he passed away today.
“It’s only rumors,” “He is resting comfortably at home.” Michael Collins further reassured the public.
Lewis, 80, is undergoing treatment for advanced stage pancreatic cancer. As a result, he has used a proxy to cast votes in Congress and his public appearances have been very limited.
#BREAKING: A widely-circulated report regarding the death of Congressman John Lewis is NOT TRUE. The information was given more credence after being shared by a U.S. representative who has since apologized. #johnlewis @BreakingNAsia
— Marcel Myrick – #StayatHome (@AfterDarkMarcel) July 11, 2020
Lewis is a member of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity.
On December 29, 2019, Lewis announced that he had been diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer.
He remained in the Washington D.C. area for his treatment. Lewis stated: “I have been in some kind of fight – for freedom, equality, basic human rights – for nearly my entire life. I have never faced a fight quite like the one I have now.”
- #RIPSongezoMjongile: Former ANC provincial sec in Western Cape, Songezo Mjongile, AKA “Madiba” is dead
- Ghanaian pastor, Apraku A.K.A Apraku My daughter is dead
- Lil Loaded Dead, Death? Did Lil Loaded Die?
- One Of Atlanta Wrestling Biggest Supporter, Daniel Scarr Dies
- Ditzyflama Drama: Did Ditzy Flama Commit Suicide?, Is He Dead – Things You Need To Know
- Dr. Pimple Popper’s young patient Kevin Olaeta suddenly dies at the age of 31
- Producer on Quantum Leap, David Bellisario is dead
- Is Lana Rhoades Dead Or Alive?