Arrested Skeem Saam and radio drama actor Mabu Sewetsi has been released on bail.
Mabu Sewetsi and his co-accused were charged to court for allegedly dealing in illicit cigarettes. Mabu Sewetsi and his co-accused appeared at the Polokwane magistrates’ court on Thursday 9 July.
Mabu holds a cameo role on the SABC1 educational weekday soapie.
The 44-year-old and his co-accused Charles Kgomo, 43, and Jackson Ika, 41, were granted R1000 bail each.
The suspects are expected to appear again on 5 October.
The other two accused Portia Ndou, 38, and Brown Makumbe, 40, were remanded in custody until 17 July 2020 as another charge of contravening Immigration Act was added against them.
Speaking to newsmen the Limpopo Hawks spokesperson Matimba Maluleke said the accused were arrested on Wednesday when they received a tip-off about people selling illicit cigarettes at the taxi rank in Polokwane.
“The Hawks members conducted an early morning operation wherein the suspects were caught red-handed with the contraband,” he said.
Maluleke said the team seized 45 cartoons of Remington Gold cigarettes to the value of R12 000 as well as R9681 in cash.
The “prominent actor” alongside other four other suspects were arrested on Wenesday 8 July 2020 for illegal trade in cigarettes in Limpopo.
- One of the Thoriso Themane’s killers have died – Limpopo High Court
- Tshegofatso Pule Murder Case Postponed Again
- Noma Gigaba arrives court flanked by her defense team Advocates Thembeka Ngukaitobi and Dali Mpofu
- Bobos Death: Six Suspects Arrested (Photo)
- About 10 Trucks Of Sam Holdings Has Been Auctioned For Sell By Aucor Auctioneers In Midrand, South Africa (Video)