The Gauteng North High Court has declared the lockdown regulations unconstitutional The North Gauteng High Court finds that lockdown regulations are unconstitutional and invalid, but the Presidency says alert level 3 remains in place until further notice. However, the order is suspended until such time Dlamini Zuma and the Government of South Africa review, amend and republish the regulations.
The order reads below..
1. The regulations promulgated by the Minister of Cooperation and Traditional Affairs (“the Minsiter”) in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act 57 of 2002 are declared unconstitutional and invalid.
2. The declaration of invalidity is suspended until such time as the Minister, after consultation with the relevant cabinet minister/s, review, amend and re-publish the regulations mentioned above ( Save for regulations 36,38,39(2)(d) and (e) and 41 of the regulations promulgated in respect of Alert level 3) with due consideration to the limitation each regulation has on the rights guaranteed in the bill of rights contained in the constitution.
3. The Minister is directed to comply with the process ordered in paragraph 2 above within 14 (Fourteen) business days from date of this order or such longer time as this court may, on good grounds shown, allow and to report such compliance to this court.
4. During the period of suspension, the regulations published in Government Gazatte No 43364 of 28 May 2020 as Chapter 4 of the regulations designated as “Alert Level 3”, shall apply.
5. The regulations pertaining the prohibition on the sale of tobacco and related products is excluded from this order and is postponed since die, pending the finalization of case no 21688/2020 in this court.
6. The Minister is ordered to pay the costs of the first and second applicants. The amicus curiae shall pay its owns costs.
The Gauteng North High Court has declared the lockdown regulations unconstitutional. However, the order is suspended until such time @DlaminiZuma and the @GovernmentZA review, amend and republish the regulations. They have 14 days to do so. pic.twitter.com/xyKVtkiVXw
— Yusuf Abramjee (@Abramjee) June 2, 2020
Ballon d’Or: Why Benzema Deserves The Title – Modric
As we draw closer to the much-talked Ballon D’or title, many soccer stars are now vetting for their preferred choice....
Ligue 1: Reason Why Ramos Will Not Make His Much-awaited Debut – PSG
What Mbappe’s Mother Said About His Contract Extension With PSG
Champions League: Messi Reveals What They Need To Do In PSG To Play Better
Worked So Hard, Didn’t See My Family For So Long – What Usyk Said After Defeating Anthony Joshua
EPL: Why I Left Chelsea & Joined Lyon – Emerson
Man Utd Carabao Cup Exit: What We Must Do For The Other Competitions Ahead – Bruno Fernandes
Gigi Lamayne Announces Her Departure From SA Hip Hop, Yet To Reveal The Next Genre She Taking Up
South African award-winning female rapper, Gigi Lamayne official made it open that she is leaving the hip hop genre for...
Am Catching Flights, You Catching Feelings – Mr JazziQ Says As He Celebrates 1M Instagram Followers
South African music producer, Mr JazziQ has officially upgraded his level in the photo-sharing website “Instagram” and has joined the...
Lady Du Celebrates Her Daughter’s Fifth Birthday In Style (Photos)
Lady Du’s daughter, Mia celebrated her fifth birthday yesterday and the singer had to surprise her with a breathtaking birthday...
What Universal Music Did To My Career – Heavy K
Afro House hitmaker, Heavy K has opened up on what he went through in the hands of his former record...
Stop Playing With Me – A Reece Warns Haters
South Africa Hip Hop music star, A Reece has sent a warning to all haters who said he became irrelevant...
I Only Do Amapiano When The Money Is Right – Prince Kaybee
South African music producer who has been going through lashes by his fans after he announced that he is working...
13-Story Residential Buiding In Taiwan Comepletly Razed Down By Fire, 46 Reportedly Dead
Taiwan: No fewer than 46 people lost their lives after a fire incident in a residential building in Southern Taiwan...