The head of government gave testimony for three hours at the government headquarters in Rome, the Palazzo Chigi, in the framework of the open investigation into how his management affected the municipalities of Nembro and Alzano Lombardo, in the Bergamo region.
Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte declared this Friday before the prosecution of the city of Bergamo (north) , as part of the investigation into his management of the coronavirus crisis, his cabinet reported. The team of investigators, led by prosecutor Maria Cristina Rota, listened to him “as a person informed of the facts”, without attributing any crime to him.
The head of government gave a statement for three hours at the government headquarters in Rome, the Palazzo Chigi , as part of the investigation opened for the delay in declaring the municipalities of Nembro and Alzano Lombardo in the region a “red zone”. Bergamo, in March, in full expansion of the epidemic, which has caused more than 34,000 deaths across the country. The prosecution also heard the testimony at the same headquarters of the Minister of the Interior, Luciana Lamorgese, and the Minister of Health, Roberto Speranza.
The aim is to establish technically who were responsible for declaring the “red zones” during the start of the epidemic , which pit the central government against the authorities in the Lombardy region. Throughout the health crisis, the dispute over the management of the epidemic has been constant between the national administration, formed by the 5-Star Movement and the Democratic Party (PD, center-left), and the Lombard, on which Bergamo depends and where the right-wing League rules.
Conte, who acknowledged last Wednesday that he made all the decisions “with conscience” , has assured on several occasions that the Lombardy Region “had all the instruments” to act, as other regions did. Both the association of relatives of victims of the coronavirus, as well as some parties and unions, attribute the delay in that they put economic interests before those of health, since it is a prosperous industrial area, with more than 400 factories.
Prosecutors have already spoken with the governor of Lombardy , Attilio Fontana, as well as his advisor in this crisis, Giulio Gallera, with whom they analyzed the decisions made in late February and the one adopted on March 7 to close all Lombardy in the face of the rapid spread of the coronavirus. In addition, they will take a statement from the director of the Higher Institute of Health, Silvio Brusaferro, and Walter Ricciardi, adviser to the central government.
During their statements, Fontana and Gallera defended that the decision was from the central government , something in which the deputy prosecutor of Bergamo, Maria Cristina Rota, agreed, who said that establishing a red zone was the responsibility of Rome. On the other hand, relatives of victims of Covid-19 have filed private complaints this Wednesday with the Prosecutor’s Office. All of them are members of the association Noi Denunceremo (We will denounce) created on Facebook during the pandemic.
In statements before the Prosecutor’s Office, its president and founder, Luca Fusco, explained that they are looking for “the truth of what happened in Lombardy and not only in Lombardy, in order to identify those responsible and have justice.” The relatives also want to meet with the President of Italy, Sergio Mattarella, who will visit Bergamo on June 28.
Fusco has defended that the area should have closed on February 23 and not on March 8 , as it finally happened. “For 15 days we have traveled, worked, drunk coffee and had an aperitif and at that point the virus circulated without problems.”
“I am convinced that if the red zone of the province of Bergamo had been closed quickly, perhaps we would not have had to close all of Lombardy and we probably would have avoided Italian confinement,” he said. “We do not point the finger at anyone, it will be the prosecution that will have to clarify responsibilities,” he added.
With information from AFP and Europa Press
Brazil Legend, Ronaldo Declares His Candidate For Ballon d’Or, Excludes Messi
Brazilian legendary soccer star, Ronaldo has officially declared his candidacy for the seventh Ballon d’Or this season. The former soccer...
Champions League: Messi Reveals What They Need To Do In PSG To Play Better
Worked So Hard, Didn’t See My Family For So Long – What Usyk Said After Defeating Anthony Joshua
EPL: Why I Left Chelsea & Joined Lyon – Emerson
Man Utd Carabao Cup Exit: What We Must Do For The Other Competitions Ahead – Bruno Fernandes
LaLiga: Why Our Match Against Granada Ended In A Draw – Ronald Koeman
EPL: You Have Everything If You Have N’Golo Kante In Your Team – Tuchel
What Universal Music Did To My Career – Heavy K
Afro House hitmaker, Heavy K has opened up on what he went through in the hands of his former record...
Stop Playing With Me – A Reece Warns Haters
South Africa Hip Hop music star, A Reece has sent a warning to all haters who said he became irrelevant...
I Only Do Amapiano When The Money Is Right – Prince Kaybee
South African music producer who has been going through lashes by his fans after he announced that he is working...
DJ Maphorisa Wants To Know Why Shimza Is Making Music Alone
DJ Maphorisa says he wants to know why his fellow music producer, Shimza is making music alone as he ought...
Oscar Mbo Steps Out With His Son In A Matching Outfit (Photos)
South African record producer, Oscar Mba was seen having a good time with his little son as both rocks the...
Prince Kaybee Now Doing Amapiano
Prince Kaybee is one of the South African music producers who vowed not to join the amapiano movement. The music...
13-Story Residential Buiding In Taiwan Comepletly Razed Down By Fire, 46 Reportedly Dead
Taiwan: No fewer than 46 people lost their lives after a fire incident in a residential building in Southern Taiwan...