Obituary

American Pastor, Walter Pearson Is Dead

Former Speaker and director of Breath of Life, Pastor Leonard Pearson has passed away. Walter Pearson had such a way with words. He was amazing at making Bible stories come alive. Pastor Walter was reported to have died today but his cause of death was not disclosed to the public.

Walter Pearson death was announced by the Villa Seventh Day Adventist Church via their official Facebook page.

The Facebook Post Reads.. “JUST RECEIVED! ‪We regret to announce the death of Pastor Walter Pearson, second Breath of Life Speaker/Director. ‬
‪Funeral Service information will be announced. Please remember the Pearson Family in your prayers.‬”

The Three Angels Aviation Ministry also confirmed the death of Pastor Walter. The ministry sent their condolonces to the family of Walter “The giant has slept – He has run his race. Ps Walter Pearson – USA Our deepest condolences to the Pearson family and may they be comforted in the Lord. Yes resurrection is promised”

The Breath Of Life in s series of tweets confirmed that Pastor Walter passed away. The tweets reads below..

“We regret to announce the passing of Pastor Walter Pearson, second Breath of Life Speaker/Director. Funeral Service information will be announced. Please remember the Pearson Family in your prayers.”

Tributes Floods Twitter

Few Things You Need To Know About Pastor Walter L. Pearson, Jr.

Walter Leonard Pearson is an American Minister who was ordained to gospel ministry Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 1973.

He was born on November 18, 1945 in Mobile, Alabama, United States. Son of Walter Leonard Senior and Bernice Cecile (Davis) Pearson.

Bachelor in Religion, Oakwood College, 1967; postgraduate, Georgia State University, 1990-1991; Doctor of Divinity (honorary), Union Theological Seminary, 1972; Doctor of Laws (honorary), Union Theological Seminary, 1973.

He was Associate pastor, Glenville Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Cleveland, 1968-1970, pastor Northwestern Virginia District of Seventh-Day Adventists, Charlottesville, 1970-1972

1. Alice Jean-Marie

June 7, 2020 at 10:43 pm

I really appreciate Pastor Pierson a man of God. I grow up as Seventh Day Adventist and I believe in returning the tithe , but it was after listening to one of Pastor Pierson testimony during his childhood (with his mother ) that I fully comprehend the real blessing of returning our tithe and offering to God. May God bless his family in this time of sorrow.

• Mathews nyamai

June 8, 2020 at 2:52 pm

Amen

2. Taneshia

June 8, 2020 at 1:12 am

A Giant of a Pastor, a legend, moreso a son of God. Gone, but will never be forgotten. You will live on in our hearts, thankfully we have your sermons in Youtube.

Sleep on, until that great getting up morning.

3. Candace

June 8, 2020 at 3:39 am

Excellent, excellent, excellent speaker! He had done a good job!

4. Innocent hungwe

June 8, 2020 at 7:06 am

Experience the power moment man, gone!

So sad! Lord please return, the shepherd is gone

• Richard Gray

June 8, 2020 at 3:27 pm

Sincere condolences to all the Pearson family and household at the pasding of this well-beloved and dedicated Servant of The LORD! May he Rest in Peace waiting for the Grand Reunion of That Great Getting Up Morning of Our Lord’s Returning!
      Blesdings in Jesus’ Name! Bro R Gray, UK

5. Pastor Candy Swartz

June 8, 2020 at 10:14 am

Condolences to the giant of the Gospel

6. Abegail Mriga

June 8, 2020 at 12:06 pm

What a great man of the gospel of God !! He’s finished the work God allotted him. May his family be comforted in the hope of the resurrection when Jesus comes again. Even so Lord Jesus come.

• Weston Mudzengi

June 8, 2020 at 7:31 pm

So sad…
      What a preacher he was!

7. SONIA GREEN-SALMON

June 8, 2020 at 1:03 pm

Our condolences to the Pearson family. He has finish his work, and the LORD call him home. Listen to him at camp meeting in Toronto Canada awesome PREACHER. RIP until that great getting up morning.

8. Caroline

June 8, 2020 at 3:03 pm

My condolence to the Pearson’s family. Sadly missed.
    Hope lies in the resurrection, may he rest until that time.

9. Victor S. Kaonga

June 8, 2020 at 4:18 pm

He was indeed a great preacher, our Lord God used him to spread the gospel in a very unique way….He used his unique voice and strength to teach others about the word of God.

I lover to listen to his sermons every sabbath on Hope Channel and the last time I did was last Saturday morning on youtube when i was sharing his story with my family.

He is sleeping now waiting for that bright morning and may the Lord God comfort the bereaved family.

10. Erica Finley

June 8, 2020 at 4:46 pm

Such a sad day my favorite Pastor Walter Pearson when he was at Macedonia SDA Chester, Pa thoughts and prayers to Ericca and Family.,
    Love,
    Erica Finley
    Media Pa

11. Weston Mudzengi

June 8, 2020 at 7:32 pm

So sad…
    What a preacher he was!

12. Veronica

June 8, 2020 at 7:54 pm

Pastor Pearson is one that I loved to hear as he preached God’s word in such an effective and powerful way I need to be faithful to meet him in heaven. May the family lean on Christ for strength.

13. James Ochola

June 8, 2020 at 8:29 pm

Am so hurt by the news of Pastor Pearson’s demise. Am happy he did the work the Lord appointed to him. I remember his words, in a sermon titled, they crucified my lord. There he says, ‘…And when Jesus calls even people who are dead hear his voice..the same angel who ushered them in their graves will be waiting for them as they rise up.’….am happy the angel will wait for him!

• Milcah

June 13, 2020 at 3:50 pm

Sure! I really long for that day

14. Thelma Kilby

June 8, 2020 at 9:53 pm

To the Pearson and Holland Families:

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Pastor Pearson. The Lord blessed him with such unique spiritual gifts that keep on giving. May his legacy remain an inspiration to you and your family, as it will to us, his Spiritual family.

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning!

15. Angela McIntyre

June 8, 2020 at 11:05 pm

My condolences to the family.He will be greatly missed.I have enjoyed his sermons.Looking forward to seeing him on that great getting up day.

16. Arlene

June 8, 2020 at 11:50 pm

To the family of Pastor Walter Pearson, my deepest condolence to you all in the passing of him, it a real difficult moment for me also, his life and sermon is always comforting especially in my lonely and depressing time.. today i just pray that as a family you will be encourage with the words and life he live.. GOD will take care of you all be of good courage.

17. Errol Clarke

June 9, 2020 at 2:49 am

My condolences to the family of Pastor Pearson. A great man of God and friend to many. I first met Pastor Pearson in 1978 in Kingston, Jamaica where he was conducting a crusade. May his legacy lives on.

• Wayne Henry

June 15, 2020 at 9:52 pm

I was at that same crusade in 1978 on Hagley Park Road, Kingston Jamaica. That crusade was so huge they had 2 tents and thousands baptized. It is ironic because Little Richard recently past and Little Richard was his singing evangelist. I was there every night and it was powerful. Pastor Pearson you have done your work. We are all born to die and then we will give account in the judgement. Thanks Pastor Pearson for your contribution to the church. You have done well.

18. Dr P. Malambo

June 12, 2020 at 8:23 pm

Great man of God the pastor was. I loved his preaching with humour. I always enjoy his sermons with my family and last sabbath we listened to standing in the storm. Just learnt of his death afterwards through my son. His death is painful. May God console his family and the SDA church. Looking forward to meeting him when Jesus returns.

19. Inniss Ellie

June 13, 2020 at 1:25 am

I was truly blessed by pastor Pearson’s sermons, especially during this world wide pandemic, looking forward to seeing you in Heaven

20. Michael Strachan

June 13, 2020 at 2:37 am

Really really enjoyed his sermons. When you can relisten a sermon with the same interest it makes a statement. Sleep on brother, it won’t be long before we all meet again. You and CD Brooks and us all

21. Sheryl Heholt

June 29, 2020 at 1:40 pm

Truly an awesome man of God and preacher! May God comfort the family and remind them that this is not the end. He is only sleeping. And the trump of God will sound and the dead in Christ shall rise. Amen and amen and amen!