On Sunday Cody Stamann was left heartbroken after the sad news of his 18 year-old brother Jacob Stamann’ death was announced, but the ufc champion has vowed to dedicate his fight against Brian Kelleher at UFC 250 to Jacob.

The 18 yr-old Jacob died suddenly last week and his family are still waiting to find out the official cause of death.

Cody the 30-year-old featherweight has promised to go ahead with the fight in Las Vegas this weekend despite the sudden death of his brother,While relating the information Cody said he believes his late brother would be proud of.

Read Also:  Ex Miami Dolphins Coach, Don Shula has passed away

Stamann told MMA Junkie: “People were like, ‘Hey, if you want to postpone this, wait a little longer, that’s 100 percent understandable.

“I just thought what most people think, I think, in those situations: ‘What would the person that passed, what would they want me to do?’ And I can say without a shadow of a doubt he would want me to compete.

“He loved watching me compete, and I know that’s what he would want. My heart is absolutely broken. I don’t even know. There’s no words; there’s nothing I can say that makes it any better.

Read Also:  WWE Wonder!! Corbin threw Rey Mysterio and Alister black off the building during Money in the Bank last night

“But my mind is sharp. That kid loved watching me fight. He’s gotta be one of my biggest fans. I’m focused on the fight.

“This isn’t taking away the focus or anything. It’s fuel for the fire. So I’m looking forward to being the best version of myself Saturday night.”

Stamann, who lives and trains in Las Vegas, plans on starting a foundation in his brother’s name, which will benefit youth wrestling programs in West Michigan, where he originates from.

The fighter opened up about the shock death, but promises to “honour” his brother.