The Gauteng North High Court has declared the lockdown regulations unconstitutional The North Gauteng High Court finds that lockdown regulations are unconstitutional and invalid, but the Presidency says alert level 3 remains in place until further notice. However, the order is suspended until such time Dlamini Zuma and the Government of South Africa review, amend and republish the regulations.
The order reads below..
1. The regulations promulgated by the Minister of Cooperation and Traditional Affairs (“the Minsiter”) in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act 57 of 2002 are declared unconstitutional and invalid.
2. The declaration of invalidity is suspended until such time as the Minister, after consultation with the relevant cabinet minister/s, review, amend and re-publish the regulations mentioned above ( Save for regulations 36,38,39(2)(d) and (e) and 41 of the regulations promulgated in respect of Alert level 3) with due consideration to the limitation each regulation has on the rights guaranteed in the bill of rights contained in the constitution.
3. The Minister is directed to comply with the process ordered in paragraph 2 above within 14 (Fourteen) business days from date of this order or such longer time as this court may, on good grounds shown, allow and to report such compliance to this court.
4. During the period of suspension, the regulations published in Government Gazatte No 43364 of 28 May 2020 as Chapter 4 of the regulations designated as “Alert Level 3”, shall apply.
5. The regulations pertaining the prohibition on the sale of tobacco and related products is excluded from this order and is postponed since die, pending the finalization of case no 21688/2020 in this court.
6. The Minister is ordered to pay the costs of the first and second applicants. The amicus curiae shall pay its owns costs.
The Gauteng North High Court has declared the lockdown regulations unconstitutional. However, the order is suspended until such time @DlaminiZuma and the @GovernmentZA review, amend and republish the regulations. They have 14 days to do so. pic.twitter.com/xyKVtkiVXw
— Yusuf Abramjee (@Abramjee) June 2, 2020
Euro 2020: I Felt It – What Pogba Said About Rudiger’s Bite
No many knew what transpired between Manchester United midfielder, Paul Pogba and Antonio Rudiger of the German side but the...
Denmark Vs Finland: UEFA Releases Fresh Update On Christian Eriksen Who Collapsed On Pitch, Says He Is Stabilised
Mbappe Reveals When He Will Call Chelsea Boss, Tuchel…, Says He’s Fantastic Tactically
Bruno Lage Excited As He Takes Up New Coaching Job In Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wales)
Erling Haaland Is The Missing Player, Chelsea Desperately Want To Sign Him – Ex-Norway striker, Fjortoft
Euro 2020: Here Is The New Rule On Handball
Why I Didn’t Join Real Madrid In 2014 – Mbappe
Gospel Singer, Babo Ngcobo Goes Into Farming, Says He Can’t Depend On Music Alone
These days musicians don’t solely depend on making music to make ends meet, most of them are now having a...
Nasty C Gets New Neck Tattoo (Check It Out)
South African rap star, Nasty C is getting a new look and he is so proud to show it off...
Am Super Excited – Trevor Noah Says As He Announces “Back To Abnormal” World Tour
Fans were thrown into excitement on hearing Comedian and “The Daily Show” host Trevor Noah announce a come of his...
It’s Real – Robert Marawa Says As He Shares His COVID-19 Experience
TV personality, Robert Marawa has opened up to share his experience after testing positive for COVID. He disclosed a lot...
Anele Mdoda Appreciates An Artist Who Did A Portrait Of Her
South African talk host star, Anele Mdoda has decided to appreciate an artist who made a portrait of her and...
Amapiano: Samthing Soweto Is My Favorite Male Vocalist – Cassper Nyovest
Cassper Nyovest has revealed that Samthing Soweto is his favourite amapiano vocalist by far in the SA music industry. He...
Plane Crash In Eastern DR Congo Leaves 3 Dead
At least no fewer than persons lost their lives when a small plane crash-landed after taking off in the Eastern...