Who Is V Mash? Biography & Wiki
Vinolia Mashego popularly known by her stage name as “V-Mash” is a South African actress and TV presenter who became popular after starring as Hilda Letlalo in the SABC1 soap opera Generations.
She also got an acting role as Pearl in the half-hour drama series Di Wele Makgolela, which aired on the now-defunct CCV-TV channel in the early 1990s.
From 1994 to 2001, she co-hosted Jam Alley when she was fired by producers for increasingly erratic behavior.
Below Are Things You Need To Know About V Mash
1. Vinolia Mashego was a South African actress and television presenter.
2. Vinolia Mashego came to the limelight of the entertainment industry after starring in the SABC1 soap opera Generations
3. She was also known for hosting the music show Jam Alley.
4. Vinolia co-hosted Jam Alley from 1994 (originally on CCV-TV and later on SABC1) until 2001, when she was fired by producers for increasingly erratic behaviour.
5. After several years in the wilderness, in which she routinely made the tabloids after falling on hard times, she re-appeared in the minor recurring role of Meme’s mother on the SABC2 soap opera Muvhango, in February 2010.
6. She was the subject of an episode of the “I Had It All” codumentary series that aired on SABC2 in October 2013, in which she spoke of her “rise and fall” in the entertainment industry.
7. In January 2014 she had a return to presenting when she joined the Mzansi Magic Music show PLS Call Me as a presenter. She also filmed a cameo role for the second season of the Mzansi Magic soap opera Isibaya.
8. In October 2014 she began starring in the SABC1 drama series Mutual Friends.
9. In 2019 she played the recurring role of Khwinana on the SABC2 telenovela Giyani – Land of Blood, making her first appearance in Season 1, Episode 169 (which aired on 4 September, 2019).
What Killed V Mash? Cause Of Death
On Friday 3rd April V Mash was reported dead. Reports said V Mash was found dead in her apartment at Mamelodi, east of Tshwanne. The cause of her death was not known to the public as she was reported to have died in her sleep. Her family said she died natural causes in her sleep.
He said, “We got a call from the neighbours this morning that they had not seen her at all today. They were worried as she is someone that always wakes them up in the morning. Initially I thought she was filming a TV show as she was someone that will do those things.”
“I informed my wife and we called the police. The police broke into the house and there she was in her bed sleeping forever. The paramedics were called and said she died of natural causes. No foul play is suspected.
V Mash Birth date (Age) & Death Date
V Mash was born on 16th April 1963 in Mamelodi, east of Tshwanne, South Africa. She was aged 53.
V Mash Son
V Mash before her death left behind a 21 year old son. V Mash’s son Oratile is an actor.
V Mash Burial/Funeral
The South African veteran actress and former Jam Alley presenter, V Mash was buried on Friday 10th April 2020 in Mamelodi, east of Tshwanne. Small crowd of friends and well wishers were present at V Mash’s funeral to pay their last respect to the veteran actress.